B.Com (Hons.) (1990)
SRCC, Delhi University
Campus Law Centre, Delhi University
Ravi Singhania is the Managing Partner of Singhania and Partners with offices in Delhi, Hyderabad and Bangalore with clientele spread across the globe. He established Singhania & Partners, more than two decades ago.
Ravi has been bequeathed with innumerable legal accolades and has been consistently rated as India’s top corporate-M&A, dispute resolution and project finance lawyer by several international surveys, including those conducted by Chambers & Partners, Chambers Asia and Asialaw. He is also the youngest lawyer to be felicitated with the “National Law Day Award” for Corporate Laws (2006) by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
He has been advising World Bank since 2004 on FDI related matters and for their annual publication “Doing Business in India”. Besides, there are large PSUs, Banks and MNCs who trust his legal acumen on Cross-border Transactions, compliances under SEBI Takeover Regulations, M&A, Investment Structuring, Corporatization, Debt & Equity offering, and Dispute Resolution. Ravi also advises number of ministries, central and states government as well for divestments and infrastructure related matters. He provides both hands-on legal advice and overall strategic inputs while drafting and negotiating contracts for complex transactions to reflect the clients’ interest at all times.
Ravi is a board member in CRISIL Ltd. and Asset Care Enterprise. He is also present on the board of Indian subsidiaries of numerous Fortune 500 companies such as McGraw-Hill, AOL, American Bureau of Shipping, National Instruments etc.
Ravi has been advising Standard&Poors (S&P) since 1996 for the acquisitions in India including open offer for majority stake. He successfully led the team for Chinese Company Kingfa Science and Technology for friendly takeover of Indian listed company as well as AIM listings of numerous companies having Indian interests.
In his illustrious practice, he has advised American Bureau of Shipping, Fiat, New Holland, Inmarsat, Mentor Graphics, McGrawHill Education, Standard & Poor, National Instruments, Raytheon, SIG Sauer, Unitech, India Govt. Mint, and Power Finance Corporation etc. Ravi has equally assisted domestic public owned enterprises of various ministries including Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways; National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), and Gujarat Maritime Board.
He led the team for corporatization of currency printing business of Ministry of Finance resulting in creation of Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India (SPMCIL), which is a blend of nine units including four mints, four presses and one paper mill which were earlier functioning under the Ministry of Finance and since then has been advising said corporation on various legal issues.
He is a governing board member of Indian Council of Arbitration and is also a board member of Terralex Inc which is a global network of 160 law firms, with more than 15,000 attorneys in 100 countries.
He has over two decades of experience in in diverse practice areas such as employment, real estate, competition apart from M&A, and Project Finance. Ravi has successfully advised companies such as Boortmalt, Simplot, and Denel (SOC) in dispute resolution.
He frequently speaks at national and international conferences and seminars. Further, he has to his credit, a number of publications in various national and international professional journals and magazines including American Bar Association and Euro Money.
Chambers and Partners and Asialaw’s Leading Lawyer for Corporate, M&A, IPR, Banking and Project Finance.
- Country Correspondent, Sweet & Maxwell’s International Company and Commercial Law Review.
- Contributed to World Bank Regional Study on Doing Business in India.
- Authored Indian labor and employment law for the ABA-BNA treatise International Labor and Employment Laws; India Chapter, “Employment Law Asia,” CCH Publications, Singapore.
- Authored “Product Liability in Asia Pacific,” and “India Chapter of Food Law,” Prospect Media Pty Ltd., Australia.
- Authored “India-in pursuit of virtuosity,” chapter published in Global Telecom Business by Euro money Institutional Investor.
- Supreme Court Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Former Vice Chairman – Asia Pacific Law Committee;
- Governing Body Member – Indian Council of Arbitration
- Special Invitee, International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Member – Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, International Bar Association
- Member Inter Pacific Bar Association
- Member Law Society of England and Wales
- Committee Member, Telecom and Power Committee, FICCI
- Committee Member, Direct Tax Expert Committee, Assocham
- Co-Chair, Law & Justice Committee, PHDCCI
- Youngest lawyer to be felicitated with the “National Law Day Award” for Corporate Laws (2006) by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
- Identified as one of the most highly-acclaimed legal experts in Asia-Pacific in the Corporate Sector by Asia Law Leading Lawyers Survey and has been highly recommended as “A leading lawyer in Corporate/ M&A” by The Chambers Asia – Chambers & Partners.
- Bestowed with the award of the “Legal Eagle of the year” at the 4th Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Awards. 2013.